Looking for a challenge? Need inspiration? Need workout tips and tricks to help you meet your goals and keep your workouts fresh?
Then you’ve come to the right place.
This blog is all about challenges: some physical, some mental. It’s about being better, getting better, being your best. It’s all about ways to push the envelop and become a better person.
Stay tuned to my blog for all kinds of workouts. I’ll put my unique spin on things and I promise that I won’t challenge you to a workout that I won’t subject myself to as well. That’s the fun part of it for me.
And considering I could quite possibly be twice the age of some readers, and a woman to boot, I hope I can inspire you to get in on the fun too.
I”m Shawna K. I’m in the business of living on the edge, challenging myself and then rising up to the challenge. I’m also about training properly and safely. I’m in my forties and I can’t afford to be hurt and neither can you. I”m about giving you the tools to meet your challenging goals in the safest, most cutting edge manner.
I am a long time athlete with many accomplishments to my name.
- National Canadian competitor in swimming & freestyle skiing
- Western Canadian Lightweight Bodybuilding Championship Winner
- Top 3 finisher in National Canadian Bodybuilding Championship for 3 years
- Two-time overall winner of ‘Toughest Calgarian Alive’ (This is a one day eight-event contest involving bench press, pull ups, shot putt, 100 m sprint, 100m swim, obstacle course, 5 km run, rope climb)
I enjoy intense weight training workouts. I set physical goals for myself that men and women half my age would find challenging.
I am a long time personal trainer and fitness business owner.
I was a school teacher for 20 years and now use my experience as an educator to coach health and fitness.
I have many credentials to my name including:
- Bachelor of Kinesiology
- Bachelor of Education
- Early Childhood Diploma
- Owner and master trainer of Kaminski Fitness Consulting/Fountain of Youth Training
- Certified Adventure Boot Camp instructor
- Certified Fitness Kickboxing Instructor Level 1
- Certified in TRX Suspension Training
- Bender Ball Master Trainer
- I-Flow System certified
- Continuing education currently enrolled in: Certified Lifestyle and Fitness Coach, Biomechanics Specialist, Core Conditioning Specialist, Functional Training Specialist
- Fit Body Boot Camp Owner/Mentor/Trainer
I’m ready to challenge you to be your best!